Thursday, January 22, 2015

The Second Time Around by Mary Higgins Clark - down time suspense for calm ladies


The Second Time Around by Mary Higgins Clark


Okay, let’s get it out there, I’m a great Mary Higgins Clark fan.  Her books are a comfort read for me, and there is a soothing calm to reading one of her novels. Regardless of which of her books you are reading there’s always a feisty heroine, generally with Irish blood and auburn hair, who always manages to ferret out the truth, whilst the eligible man she has met along the way, gallops to the rescue at the last moment – and I love them.  The plot cracks along and I am gripped – this is definitely a secret in the bath book – chocolate on the side for evenings when I just want a bit of escapism and not too much brain work.

No comments:

Post a Comment